Thursday, July 11, 2013

Milestones, Milestones, Milestones

For what would normally be quite an uneventful Thursday, I happened to hit three significant milestones today.  First, today is my six-week "hip-iversary".  It's hard to believe that it has been six weeks already, and it feels good to hit this point, because it meant reaching another milestone, using only one crutch.  As weird as it feels to only use one crutch, what a pure sign of progress!  It is taking some getting used to, and my right, surgical, leg definitely feels a little "loose".  The key will be to pay attention these first few days in making sure I plant my foot properly and take my time to ensure stability.  The major side bonus is the ability to more easily carry things around!!  And it is a good thing that I was able to do that today, as my third milestone today was my return to work!  It felt good to be back in the "real world" and felt like a small return to normalcy.  I did find that the drive in traffic was more tiring than usual, moving my foot back and forth from gas to brake more than I had to since starting to drive again.  Also, sitting all day in a chair that does not easily lean back to allow me to extend out my hip caused me to feel a little tight at times and uncomfortable.  I figure that I will become accustomed to that fairly quickly though.  At least it is just a short two day work week for me, a nice way to ease back into things.

That's it, short and sweet.  Hopefully I will get around to posting another training tip post sometime this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment